The Voice Network Engineer will design and plan network communications systems and provides specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture. The Voice Network Engineer conducts cost/benefit analysis and provides specific detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements. The Voice Network Engineer conducts testing of network design and is responsible for monitoring network hardware operations to ensure properly set configuration options, plans implementation of enhancements and upgrades to the network. The Voice Network Engineer advises network users of hardware requirements, configurations, and limitations. Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc. Evaluates and reports on new communications technologies to enhance capabilities of the network. May be assigned responsibility for the management of the systems administration function, including associated staff.
Candidates must already possess a current and active TS/SCI with Poly clearance to be considered for this position.
Selected candidate will perform ongoing maintenance, configuration management, and operations of a Cisco-based Unified Communications (UC) system. Requires integration of the system with other on-premise UC systems, troubleshooting issues, patching various system components, monitoring call quality, and ensuring availability of the overall system. In addition, the selected candidate will interface with Engineers and Operators of other systems. Responsibilities included, but are not limited to, the following:
- Design, configure, and troubleshoot integration between the Cisco UC system
and other existing UC systems
- Schedule maintenance windows, patching Cisco services–as well as VMWare
ESXi and server firmware for all system components
- Maintain Linux server for backups and logging support
- Experience operating Cisco UC system components, including:
o Cisco Unified Communications Manager (UCM)
o Cisco Unified Border Element (UBE)
o Cisco ExpressWay or Tandberg Video Communications Server (VCS)
o Cisco Meeting Server (MS) or Acano Media Gateways
o Cisco Prime Collaboration Provisioning (PCP)
o Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS)
o Cisco Jabber software client
- Experience operating VMWare ESXi hypervisor servers
- Understanding of Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) and H.323 communications
- Understanding of Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocols and certificates
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, with minimal oversight, and as part
of a team of associate contractors
- Requires 10 to 12 years with BS/BA or 8 to 10 years with MS/MA or 5 to 7 years
- Experience operating Trident V2CDS Cross-Domain Solution servers
- Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linus or CentOS Linux
- Knowledge of troubleshooting firewalls–specifically regarding SIP and H.323
- Knowledge of other vendor UC systems–including, but not limited to, Avaya,
Microsoft, Oracle AcmePacket, Polycom
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled.