ASEC3 is seeking an experienced and motivated individual to perform in the role of Systems Engineer.
The individual will help define the Sponsor’s IT system performance analysis, requirements
engineering/management, testing and evaluation, and other necessary disciplines for successful
system development, design, implementation, and decommission.
Candidates must already possess a current and active TS/SCI with Poly clearance to be considered for this position.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Work with business and technical partners to deliver robust systems that meet stakeholder
- Deliver creative and innovative solutions to emerging requirements.
- Monitor and manage all installed systems and infrastructure.
- Deliver systems in alignment with applicable data, architecture, and engineering policies,
standards, and practices.
- Review and assess impact of proposed changes to current systems.
- Provide technical and programmatic support for the Informational Security Continuous
Monitoring (ISCM) capability.
- Establish, configure, test, and maintain operating systems, application software and system
- Evaluate the existing systems and provide the technical direction to the IT support staff.
- Plan and implement systems automation as required for better efficiency.
- Oversee the development of customized software and hardware requirements.
- Maintain and supervise inventory.
- Timely reporting on the log sheet for rapid response to any glitches.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, software engineering, or related
degree program or work-related experience (5 years) that has provided equivalent knowledge.
- 16 year’s experience, with five in the Intelligence Community.
- Experience with Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) technologies.
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in software development practices.
- Experience with successful full life-cycle software development projects.
- Ability to translate stakeholder needs/requirements into software solutions that involve multiple
interfaces and supporting data repositories.
- Experience with the Sponsor’s Assessment and Authorization (A&A) processes and technical
- Demonstrated customer service skills, teaming skills, and the ability to collaborate within cross-
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to changing priorities.
- Desire to learn new hardware/software systems and technologies that are consistent with duties.
- Willingness to participate in training and project management functions as needed.
- Ability to explain technical issues clearly and accurately to both technical and non-technical
- Knowledge of CWE (Windows XP), Linux, and Solaris (CPE) operating environments.
- Experience building highly available, highly scalable systems and capabilities.
- Experience with HTML/XHTML and XML.
- Experience with virtualization viz, VMWare, Virtual Box.
- Familiarity with open-source products and tools such as Eclipse, Ant, Junit, Apache, Tomcat, and
- Familiarity with object-oriented design principles and UML modeling techniques.
- Good cloud experience especially in AWS (Amazon Web Service).
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, software engineering, or related
degree program preferred.
- 12 years Intelligence Community experience.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled.We are no longer accepting applications for this job.