The System Architect will support the Sponsor in providing technical direction to project teams of
developers and data scientists who build prototypes and web-based applications in cloud based
environments. The candidate will provide both strategic (to-be architectural designs and technology
stacks) and tactical (coaching junior developers and performing code reviews) direction to the Sponsor.
This consists of working closely with the leadership team to generate shared understanding of technical
work and to make tough tradeoffs about scope, schedule and quality.
Candidates must already possess a current and active TS/SCI with Poly clearance to be considered for this position
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop a business architecture strategy based on a situational awareness of various business
scenarios and motivations.
- Assist in preparing the architectural vision and scalable engineering practices for future work.
- Ensure technically sound delivery, holistic integrity and functionality, technical decisions, and
security compliance are met.
- Architect the future environment and map how to get from the “as-is” to the “to-be” across
engineering practices, technology stack, deployment processes, and development environments.
- Experience architecting in cloud environments, to include crafting diagrams and roadmaps.
- Experience establishing development and testing standards and overseeing them in practice.
- Experience providing technical leadership at a strategic level, such as establishing a to-be
architecture and a path to build it.
- Experience providing technical leadership at a tactical level, such as performing work
breakdowns for junior developers.
- BS. or B.A. degree in computer science, engineering, information security, data science, or a
related information technology discipline or equivalent experience.
- Experience leading or developing in an Agile environment, particularly scrum and Lean Agile.
- Experience developing or evaluating information extraction (regex, entities, sentiment, geotags,
topic, events, etc.).
- Experience engineering large scale data-acquisition, cleansing, transforming, and processing of
structured and unstructured data.
- Experience engineering solutions that are scalable and efficient through the use of container
platforms such as Docker, continuous integration tools such as Jenkins, and code repositories
such as Gitlab.
- Experience with COTS integration and custom software development within the Sponsor or
Sponsor’s partners environment.
- Experience providing technical direction to teams with a labs to-factory analytics portfolio (e.g.
from Python prototypes to performant, secure production web-apps).
- Experience architecting cloud-based environments that house a suite of analytic capabilities.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled.