The System Architect will support the Sponsor in providing technical direction to project teams of
developers and data scientists who build prototypes and web-based applications in cloud based
environments. The candidate will provide both strategic (to-be architectural designs and technology
stacks) and tactical (coaching junior developers and performing code reviews) direction to the Sponsor.
This consists of working closely with the leadership team to generate shared understanding of technical
work and to make tough tradeoffs about scope, schedule and quality.
Candidates must already possess a current and active TS/SCI with Poly clearance to be considered for this position
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop a business architecture strategy based on a situational awareness of various business
scenarios and motivations.
- Assist in preparing the architectural vision and scalable engineering practices for future work.
- Ensure technically sound delivery, holistic integrity and functionality, technical decisions, and
security compliance are met.
- Architect the future environment and map how to get from the “as-is” to the “to-be” across
engineering practices, technology stack, deployment processes, and development environments.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or a scientific or technical discipline plus a minimum of 10 years’ experience
• Able to perform complex problem solving; identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options
• Able to effectively communicate complex/complicated topics with technical and non-technical audiences
• Knowledge of Tableau and architecture tool technologies
• Knowledge of network engineer and cyber engineering
• Experience with development of strategic level architecture artifacts
• Knowledge of Salesforce
• Experience with systems full lifecycle projects
• Ability to work independently
• Able to adjust to changing priorities
• Energetic, Proactive, takes initiative
- Experience leading or developing in an Agile environment, particularly scrum and Lean Agile.
- Experience developing or evaluating information extraction (regex, entities, sentiment, geotags,
topic, events, etc.).
- Experience engineering large scale data-acquisition, cleansing, transforming, and processing of
structured and unstructured data.
- Experience engineering solutions that are scalable and efficient through the use of container
platforms such as Docker, continuous integration tools such as Jenkins, and code repositories
such as Gitlab.
- Experience with COTS integration and custom software development within the Sponsor or
Sponsor’s partners environment.
- Experience providing technical direction to teams with a labs to-factory analytics portfolio (e.g.
from Python prototypes to performant, secure production web-apps).
- Experience architecting cloud-based environments that house a suite of analytic capabilities.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled.