The System Architect will support the Sponsor in providing technical direction to project teams of developers and data scientists who build prototypes and web-based applications in cloud based environments. The candidate will provide both strategic (to-be architectural designs and technology stacks) and tactical (coaching junior developers and performing code reviews) direction to the Sponsor. This consists of working closely with the leadership team to generate shared understanding of technical work and to make tough tradeoffs about scope, schedule and quality. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Candidates must already possess a current and active TS/SCI with Poly clearance to be considered for this position.
- Assist in preparing the architectural vision and scalable engineering practices for the future work that is being currently staged.
- Serve as an Applications Development Manager (the ADM) in delivering minimum value increments (MVls).
- Ensuring technically sound delivery, holistic integrity and functionality, technical decisions, and security compliance are met.
- Architect the future environment and map how to get from the “as-is” to the “to-be” across engineering practices, technology stack, deployment processes, and development environments.
- Work closely with team leadership, security experts, customers, and the division-level scrum master.
- Demonstrated past professional experience architecting in Amazon Web services environments, to include crafting diagrams and roadmaps
- Demonstrated past professional experience establishing development and testing standards and overseeing them in practice
- Demonstrated past professional experience providing technical leadership at a strategic level, such as establishing a to-be architecture and a path to build it
- Demonstrated past professional experience providing technical leadership at a tactical level, such as performing work breakdowns for junior developers
- Demonstrated past professional experience leading or developing in an Agile environment, particularly scrum and Lean Agile
- Demonstrated past professional experience developing or evaluating information extraction (regex, entities, sentiment, geotags, topic, events, etc.)
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience engineering large scale data-acquisition, cleansing, transforming, and processing of structured and unstructured data
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience engineering solutions that are scalable and efficient through the use of container platforms such as Docker, continuous integration tools such as Jenkins, and code repositories such as Gitlab
- Demonstrated experience with COTS integration and custom software development within the Sponsor or Sponsor’s partners environment.
- Demonstrated past professional experience providing technical direction to teams with a labs to-factory analytics portfolio (e.g. from Python prototypes to performant, secure production web-apps)
- Demonstrated past professional experience architecting cloud-based environments that house a suite of analytic capabilities
- S. or B.A. degree in computer science, engineering, information security, data science, or a related information technology discipline or equivalent experience
- 10 to 12 years with BS/BA or 8 to 10 years with MS/MA or 5 to 7 years with PhD.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled.