The Systems Administrator Installs, supports, maintains and monitors IT Storage Area Network (SAN) infrastructure for reliability and uptime. Architects, designs, implements and maintains complex enterprise SANs and data backup recovery systems. In collaboration with other architecture and engineering teams(systems engineering, database administration, network operations and applications development), analyze and design enterprise storage systems used for customer data management, high transaction database processing and storage. Working with others, analyze and translate business requirements into a solution design for new installations or upgrades to existing platforms. Manages and provides operational support of data availability and retention systems such as server and SAN based backups and enterprise level backup solutions. The Enterprise Services Team is responsible for configuring, operating, and maintaining the customer’s enterprise business process tools to support processes to include configuration management, risk, issue and opportunity management, schedule management, architecture management, and requirements management. As part of this team, the Systems Administrator is responsible for configuring, building, installing and maintaining servers designed to process large databases with multiple relational data applications.
Candidates must already possess a current and active TS/SCI with Poly clearance to be considered for this position.
- Install hardware and software upgrades; maintain operating system patches and virus scanning profiles
- Manage network servers and technology tools; set up accounts; maintain and monitor PKI certs
- Perform technical evaluations, analysis, and technical improvements to maintain optimum performance of applications and databases
- Monitor and provide system problem resolution
- Maintain capacity and performance planning; evaluate system changes to improve the system
- Design, build, manage multiple variants of Windows and Linux
- Employ configuration control and change coordination for upgrades and repairs in a manner that assures system performance as planned
- Demonstrated experience with various hosting and developer operations (devops) technologies
- Working knowledge and/or education of various cloud service providers to include Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Knowledgeable in the administration of Microsoft and Linux servers, Microsoft SQL, VMware virtualization technologies, Firewalls, VPN, and Cisco IOS
- Experience scripting in administrative language (PowerShell, Batch, Perl, etc.)
- Customer familiarity
- Experience with ServiceNow, Remedy, SharePoint, Sparx EA, JIRA
- Requires 10 to 12 years with BS/BA or 8 to 10 years with MS/MA or 5 to 7 years with PhD
- BS Degree in Computer Science or a related field (IT/Engineering/etc.) or related experience
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled.