Conducts research in design, development, testing and utilization of electronic data processing software. Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions.
Candidates must already possess a current and active TS/SCI with Poly clearance to be considered for this position
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software.
- Determines computer user needs
- Analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls
- Prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems.
- Ensures software standards are met.
- Analyzes user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Confers with systems analysts, engineers, programmers and others to design system and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
- Designs, develops and modifies software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcomes and consequences of design.
- Coordinates software system installations and monitors equipment functioning to ensure specifications are met.
- Proficiency in computer operating systems (linux, android, windows, etc)
- Proficiency in programming languages (python, java, C#)
- Research new technology and applications to communications problems
- Interface with the customers to gather requirements, document requirements, and verify requirements
- Ability to travel to support test activities
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to work rapidly in a high tempo environment that often requires multitasking.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled.