The Sr. Cyber Systems Engineer provides feedback to design engineers and evaluates end-to-end systems and systems-oriented products through their entire life cycle. Working as an expert:
- Conducts research and evaluates technical performance of software products and overall segments and systems.
- Ensures products and systems comply with requirements and government information assurance and cyber security standards and practices through formal verification methods.
- Verifies/validates systems with specific emphasis on network operations and cyber warfare tactics, techniques, and procedures focused on the threat to information networks.
- Assesses performance using evaluation criteria and technical performance measures.
- Prepares assessments and cyber threat profiles of current and planned products based on sophisticated testing, research, and analysis.
- Participates in design reviews of components (hardware and software) to ensure applicability to the current system and traceability of requirements.
- Reviews test plans/procedures and ensures they verify/validate the requirements.
- Develops and maintains analytical procedures to meet changing requirements.
- Produces high-quality papers, presentations, recommendations, and findings for senior US government intelligence and operations officials.
Candidates must already possess a current and active TS/SCI with Poly clearance to be considered for this position.
- Detect, analyze, and mitigate cyber threats.
- Display familiarity with Windows, Linux and Mobile (Android and iOS) operating systems and conduct network and security vulnerability analyses.
- Evaluate cloud services, web applications, and commercial-off-the-shelf software and hardware.
- Perform network traffic analysis of web services to analyze raw packet data and identify anomalous behavior.
- Support cyber security initiatives through both predictive and reactive analysis, articulating emerging trends to leadership and staff.
- Prepare reports for customer on emerging threats, high profile incidents, and proposed solutions.
An understanding of the cyber mission
• Ability to provide in-depth holistic analysis of a technical threat to critical infrastructure by leveraging various data sources
• Strong analytic, writing, and briefing skills; a demonstrated ability to distill information into documented and sourced products, communicate complex technical topics to a non-technical audience, and distill complex issues into succinct problems, impact, and recommended solutions
• Background or expertise in at least two of the following topics: General security, cyber security, information technology, facility management, building utilities, insider threats, hard target intelligence services, or offensive technical operations.
• Demonstrated experience in cyber, analysis, targeting, or investigations
• Demonstrated on-the-job experience collaborating with multiple teams to accomplish mission objectives.
• A self-starter with an investigative mindset who can multi-task, think outside the box, and is detail oriented
• A demonstrated ability to learn new and technically complex topics quickly
• Bachelor’s Degree in technology, engineering, business, or a related technical discipline
• Prior experience supporting the cyber mission
• Overseas work experience, or experience working with the Operations or Field elements
• Working with technical and operation al personnel to have a working knowledge of overseas threat environments
• Knowledge of the cable system and core databases
• Working knowledge of Splunk and Tanium
• Hard target and/or Russian language skills .
• Demonstrated on-the-job experience with collaboration and outreach across multiple customer environments. E. g., IT, Cyber, Security, Operational
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled.