The Sr. Cyber Systems Engineer provides feedback to design engineers and evaluates end-to-end systems and systems-oriented products through their entire life cycle. Working as an expert:
- Conducts research and evaluates technical performance of software products and overall segments and systems.
- Ensures products and systems comply with requirements and government information assurance and cyber security standards and practices through formal verification methods.
- Verifies/validates systems with specific emphasis on network operations and cyber warfare tactics, techniques, and procedures focused on the threat to information networks.
- Assesses performance using evaluation criteria and technical performance measures.
- Prepares assessments and cyber threat profiles of current and planned products based on sophisticated testing, research, and analysis.
- Participates in design reviews of components (hardware and software) to ensure applicability to the current system and traceability of requirements.
- Reviews test plans/procedures and ensures they verify/validate the requirements.
- Develops and maintains analytical procedures to meet changing requirements.
- Produces high-quality papers, presentations, recommendations, and findings for senior US government intelligence and operations officials.
Candidates must already possess a current and active TS/SCI with Poly clearance to be considered for this position.
- Detect, analyze, and mitigate cyber threats.
- Display familiarity with Windows, Linux and Mobile (Android and iOS) operating systems and conduct network and security vulnerability analyses.
- Evaluate cloud services, web applications, and commercial-off-the-shelf software and hardware.
- Perform network traffic analysis of web services to analyze raw packet data and identify anomalous behavior.
- Support cyber security initiatives through both predictive and reactive analysis, articulating emerging trends to leadership and staff.
- Prepare reports for customer on emerging threats, high profile incidents, and proposed solutions.
- Ability and flexibility in responding to an meeting multiple requirements in a dynamic changing environment with tight deadlines to include resolving unpredictable or ill-defined problems in an environment of competing priorities and minimal guidance.
- Ability in applying/interpreting regulations, policies and procedures.
- Organizational and writing skills as well as attention to detail.
- Interpersonal skills with ability to work in a team environment; must be able to deal effectively with people under a wide variety of conditions.
- Representation/presentation skills, including the ability to effectively communicate to a broad range of audiences. This includes the ability to represent the Customer’s programs, policies, and interests to all levels of customer, service providers, and stakeholders.
- Ability to anticipate problems and requirements and respond with quick, clear decisions.
- Leadership and tact, as well as possess a sense of discretion and need for confidentiality.
- Rigorous operational support and analytical cyber experience.
- Substantive knowledge of the cyber discipline as it relates to identity management.
- Understanding of data systems and the threat to the protection of systems and officers’ identities.
- Proven risk management skills.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience with a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent).
- Project management experience.
- Process improvement experience.
- Knowledge of Support business areas.
- Understanding of various identities and processes used to establish identity.
- Proven record of process improvement and project management skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled.