The Sr. Cyber Systems Engineer provides feedback to design engineers and evaluates end-to-end systems and systems-oriented products through their entire life cycle. Working as an expert:
- Conducts research and evaluates technical performance of software products and overall segments and systems.
- Ensures products and systems comply with requirements and government information assurance and cyber security standards and practices through formal verification methods.
- Verifies/validates systems with specific emphasis on network operations and cyber warfare tactics, techniques, and procedures focused on the threat to information networks.
- Assesses performance using evaluation criteria and technical performance measures.
- Prepares assessments and cyber threat profiles of current and planned products based on sophisticated testing, research, and analysis.
- Participates in design reviews of components (hardware and software) to ensure applicability to the current system and traceability of requirements.
- Reviews test plans/procedures and ensures they verify/validate the requirements.
- Develops and maintains analytical procedures to meet changing requirements.
- Produces high-quality papers, presentations, recommendations, and findings for senior US government intelligence and operations officials.
Candidates must already possess a current and active TS/SCI with Poly clearance to be considered for this position.
- Detect, analyze, and mitigate cyber threats.
- Display familiarity with Windows, Linux and Mobile (Android and iOS) operating systems and conduct network and security vulnerability analyses.
- Evaluate cloud services, web applications, and commercial-off-the-shelf software and hardware.
- Perform network traffic analysis of web services to analyze raw packet data and identify anomalous behavior.
- Support cyber security initiatives through both predictive and reactive analysis, articulating emerging trends to leadership and staff.
- Prepare reports for customer on emerging threats, high profile incidents, and proposed solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Cybersecurity, Information Security, IT, EE, Network Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- Demonstrated 6 years of experience in three or more specific areas to include: analysis, network engineering, networking security, penetration testing, red teaming, hardware engineering, software reverse engineering, and computer exploitation.
- Proven proficiency with at least three (3) or more of the following: mobile security, telecom protocols, operating systems (Windows, iOS, Android, or Linux), reverse engineering, forensics, network analysis, vulnerability assessment or malware forensics.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of software development and some demonstrated proficiency in scripting and/or programming languages and database development
- Proven experience in network analysis methodologies
- Prior experience with one or more of the following tools: Splunk, ArcSight, intrusion detection/prevention system, network anti-virus technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with teams or individually with minimal supervision
- Experience ensuring quality assurance and implementing best practices
- Familiarity with utilizing SIEM tools for use case development and application
- Experience with Intrusion Prevention Systems and Endpoint Security Platforms
- Security Certifications: CEH, CISSP, CCSP, CCFP, GCFA, GCIA, OSCP
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled.