The Systems Engineer will provide Systems Engineering support to a software development focused branch. The position requires a comprehensive understanding of SE methodology and processes, Agile development and an ability to work with different technologies, capabilities and effectively implement processes and programmatics across a multi-disciplinary collection of development efforts while coordinating effectively with project managers and technical personnel. A Scrum Master is preferred for this role. The SE should have experience coordinating with Master Schedulers, Testers/IV&V personnel and should be able to author documentation, perform baseline control activities and contribute to the generation of measures and metrics. A robust understanding of project governance and project management systems is desired.
Candidates must already possess a current and active TS/SCI with Poly clearance to be considered for this position.
- Experience as a Scrum Master and/or experience in an Agile development environment
- Understanding of Systems Engineering and Software Engineering methodologies and principles
- Project Management fundamentals and expertise overseeing projects and engineering activities via an IMS in MS Project
- Strong systems analysis skills, with the ability to identify and accurately describe issues and coordinate issues with the program ISSO
- Ability to speak confidently, articulately, and clearly in order to participate in and brief at technical meetings and milestone events
- Capability to write clearly and articulately and author test plans and reports, use appropriate provided templates, formats, and checklists to write project documentation to include discrepancy reports, correspondence regarding system issues, and weekly testing report inputs.
- Demonstrated flexibility with the ability to prioritize support to critical activities and communicate across multiple teams
- Demonstrated initiative, with the ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Configuration Management principles/Baseline Control
- A background in the migration of data into Cloud environments
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science (BS) degree
- At least six years of experience
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled.