The Systems Engineer will provide Systems Engineering support to multiple ongoing hardware and software projects within the customer organization. The position requires a comprehensive understanding of Systems Engineering methodology and processes and an ability to work with different technologies, capabilities and effectively implement SE processes across a multi-disciplinary project baseline while coordinating effectively with project managers and technical personnel. The SE should have experience coordinating with Master Schedulers, Testers/IV&V personnel and should be able to author documentation, contribute to the generation of measures and metrics. A robust understanding of project governance and project management systems is desired.
The Systems Engineer should be able to work with project managers, developers and risk management personnel to provide guidance and optimize the SE organization. The SE will provide support to process workflow generation and optimization for an organization focused on the implementation of new, enabling technologies.
Candidates must already possess a current and active TS/SCI with Poly clearance to be considered for this position.
- Experience with one or more of the following: Tableau, Splunk, Sharepoint Administration, cloud computing, cyber and cloud technology
- Understanding of Systems Engineering Methodology and principles
- Project Management fundamentals and expertise overseeing projects and engineering activities via an IMS in MS Project
- Strong systems analysis skills, with the ability to identify and accurately describe issues and coordinate issues with the program ISSO
- Ability to speak confidently, articulately, and clearly in order to participate in and brief at technical meetings and milestone events
- Capability to write clearly and articulately and author test plans and reports, use appropriate provided templates, formats, and checklists to write project documentation to include discrepancy reports, correspondence regarding system issues, and weekly testing report inputs.
- Demonstrated initiative, with the ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Configuration Management principles/Baseline Control
- As a significant amount of software is being developed through Agile, experience as a Scrum Master or experience with Agile is desired.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science (BS) degree
- At least six years of experience
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled.