The Systems Engineer will provide Test and IV&V support to multiple ongoing hardware and software projects within the customer organization. The position requires a comprehensive understanding of Systems Engineering methodology and processes and an ability to work with different technologies, capabilities and effectively balance testing schedules to maximize support throughout the project master schedule baseline. The SE should have experience in both Hardware and Software testing, authoring, developing and implementing test plans and expertise with measures and metrics.
The Systems Engineer should be able to work with project managers, developers and risk management personnel to provide guidance and optimize testing of diverse tools and capabilities. The SE will support governance activities and help with baseline control and SE process tasks as well. Experience with automated testing of applications and peripherals is desired.
Candidates must already possess a current and active TS/SCI with Poly clearance to be considered for this position.
- Experience with one or more of the following: Tableau, Splunk, Sharepoint Administration, automated testing tools, cloud computing, cyber and cloud technology
- Understanding of Systems Engineering Methodology and principles
- Hardware and/or Software testing
- Strong systems analysis skills, with the ability to identify and accurately describe issues and coordinate issues with the program ISSO
- Ability to speak confidently, articulately, and clearly in order to participate in and brief at technical meetings and milestone events
- Capability to write clearly and articulately and author test plans and reports, use appropriate provided templates, formats, and checklists to write documentation to include discrepancy reports, correspondence regarding system issues, and weekly testing report inputs.
- Demonstrated initiative, with the ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Configuration Management principles/Baseline Control; Sharepoint experience
- As a significant amount of software being tested is developed through Agile Methodologies, experience as a Scrum Master or experience with Agile is desired.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science (BS) degree
- At least six years of experience
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled.