The Systems Architect will support architecture documents, roadmaps, and standards to account for technology and mission/business changes. This will consist of working with multiple stakeholders in various groups to define and integrate disparate systems such as physical, technical, and analytical security products.
Candidates must already possess a current and active TS/SCI with Poly clearance to be considered for this position.
- Supporting the client in defining system architectures, developing roadmaps, and identifying planned developments in information technology areas.
- Providing systems architecture knowledge and consultation to client components, and assist in technical reviews and architecture designs, assessment of technical solutions to business needs, and development of technical concepts of system operations for client components’ requirements, system designs, and system architectures.
- Documenting the “as-is” system and business architecture for the client.
- Identify all technical systems and capabilities, document data types, data flows, connectivity, high level functionality and system relationship both internal and external to the client’s office.
- Working with the client’s Technical Director and group leadership to develop a “to-be” system and business architecture for future capabilities
- Identifying gaps in capabilities and strategic needs in relation to the strategic direction
- Identifying opportunities for strengthening, streamlining, and standardizing the architecture
- Developing future technology roadmaps that describe the plans to move from “as-is” to the “to-be”
- Working with multiple stakeholders in defining requirements and resoling discrepancies between proposed IT systems and enterprise quality and security standards
- Assisting in identifying and defining process efficiencies based on industries best practices
- Traveling locally to mission partner(s) to discuss initiatives, projects, etc.
- Ability to translate requirements into end-to-end designs for systems that involve multiple interfaces and supporting data repositories
- Experience with Web Services, Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA), application integration technologies and approaches, Business Intelligence/Data Warehousing solutions, and data management technologies
- Knowledge and working experience of agile development methodologies
- Demonstrated knowledge in enterprise data strategy, data governance practices, data stewardship principles, data architecture principles, data architecture principles, data strategies and metadata management best practices
- Analytical and conceptual skills, ability to create original concepts/theories for various projects
- Ability to work in a dynamic and challenging environment
- Strong oral and written communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to explain technical issues clearly and accurately and non-technical audiences
- Requires 10 to 12 years with BS/BA or 8 to 10 years with MS/MA or 5 to 7 years with PhD.
- 16 Years’ experience and 5 years in IC.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled.