The Ruby on Rails software Engineer will work in a small team of developers to deliver a custom software application for the end user. The individual will design and/or customize software to optimize operational efficiency for a data management application, analyze/design databases within an application area–either on a team or individually, and research, design, develop and test operating system-level software and compilers.
Candidates must already possess a current and active TS/SCI with Poly clearance to be considered for this position.
- Research and development experience with details on progression of ideas to production systems
- Rapid development experience
- Experience with Ruby and Ruby on Rails with proven customer examples
- Experience with Linux in software development environment
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Microsoft Azure
- A minimum of 10 years total progressive and relevant work experience. Candidates must have demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills, strong written and oral communications skills.
- Relational database experience–e.g., MySQL
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related field is required for this position.
Chantilly, VA area
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled.