Candidates must already possess a current and active TS/SCI with Poly clearance to be considered for this position.
The Data Architect/Engineer will provide requirements and verification engineering to support the delivery of the project goals. Responsible for the development and documentation of system architecture, to include identification of major system components and interfaces, and the development of metadata standards, metrics, and trace of reporting back to source collections. Works closely with the Chief Architect, Chief Data Officer, data stewards, program team members, and the external software development teams to translate business requirements and operations concepts into a high level systems architecture, identify and specify major internal and external interfaces, and ensure data used is properly marked, controlled, accessed, and managed in accordance with applicable IC and Agency guidelines, and mission needs. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Analysis of business requirements for architectural impacts
- Development of high-level architecture views and descriptions
- Identification and specification of major system interfaces
- Development of implementation guidance for applying the required data markings to multiple types of intelligence products
- Coordination with data providers and data stewards on implementation of data markings
- Development of documentation capturing the architecture and data standards
- Development and delivery of engineering briefings to multiple stakeholders.
- This position requires a strong background in the architecture of cloud-based enterprise scale IT systems, and metadata standards as used in the IC.
- 5-10 years’ experience in software development, systems engineering and/or support of enterprise-scale IT systems for the IC
- Experience in developing business processes and concepts of operation (CONOPS)
- Experience in requirements development and formal verification
- Experience with architecting systems in AWS, preferably C2S
- Experience developing formal engineering documentation
- Experience in preparing and delivering technical briefings to senior stakeholders
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Requires 8 to 10 years with BS/BA (or equivalent experience (3 years for Bachelors)), 6 to 8 years with MS/MA, or 3 to 5 years with PhD in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a scientific/engineering discipline.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled.