The Senior Business Analyst – Finance candidate provides strategic/programmatic guidance to customers on moderately to highly complex issues, preparing supporting documentation for budget exercises, and employing program analysis techniques. The subject matter is moderately to highly complex and involves coordination across components and functions of the Agency (human resources, financial resources, Working Capital Fund expenditures, and contracts). This position may be a Subject Matter Expert in their field utilizing specialized analytic, technical, or operational knowledge to meet mission requirements and priorities.
Candidates must already possess a current and active TS/SCI with Poly clearance to be considered for this position.
- Uses knowledge of component resources and alternative resource sources to propose and implement cost-efficient strategies for meeting customer goals.
- Develops and implements long-range plans to accomplish component or directorate goals.
- Prepares budget exercise submissions; assimilates information about program goals, requirements, costs, and schedules; ensures that submissions are rational, defensible, and executable.
- Ensures that program execution is proceeding within available resource constraints and remains consistent with goals; implements resource realignment (including from multiple sources) as required or in response to unplanned circumstances.
- Exhibits broad comprehension of relevant statutes, regulations, and policies in resource utilization and in the budget development and execution processes.
- Routinely constructs and maintains background documentation on programmatic and resource analyses, discussions, thinking, and decisions to aid the component’s resource management continuity.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or MBA in business administration or a closely related field with a concentration in financial management or financial analysis or a Bachelor’s degree in quantitative analysis, financial analysis, social sciences, or a closely related field.
- Minimum of five (5) plus years in project/program management, cost estimating, quantitative analysis, and/or financial analysis.
- Ability to obtain considerable knowledge of the customer’s strategic planning and resource management processes.
- Ability to obtain considerable knowledge of the customer’s program planning and execution processes.
- Considerable knowledge in the use of automated program planning software applications.
- Considerable knowledge of business resource planning practices and ability to obtain knowledge of budgeting practices and procedures.
- Ability to obtain working knowledge of customer and CFO mission, plans, and programs needed for participation in the decision-making process.
Experience and Education
- Minimum two (2) years demonstrated professional accounting experience with a strong understanding of the responsibilities associated with financial management, accounting, auditing, and/or fiscal control preferably in the Intelligence Community.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field.
We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled.