This candidate will be responsible for senior level accounting work being the lead expert in the preparation, analysis and reconciliation of financial statements and information, tax returns, general ledgers, etc. Incumbents may assist the financial manager of a working capital fund and/or are responsible for generating the Customer’s or Working Capital Fund financial statements.
Candidates must already possess a current and active TS/SCI with Poly clearance to be considered for this position.
Duties include establishing, implementing and analyzing complex financial activities, ensuring financial compliance, providing strategic and/or specific financial resource advice and guidance to most senior managers and staff on the design, implementation, and/or management of financial activities.
- Provides broad financial strategic programmatic direction and initiatives through effective and timely customer support.
- Advises senior management in the design, implementation, and management of financial operations to ensure the integrity of financial data, the establishment of financial reporting requirements, the development of security guidelines and processes to protect financial data and systems, and the establishment and maintenance of financial relationships with other government and non-government organizations.
- Maintains professional development through continuing education, attending courses, seminars, workshops, or by reading professional journals.
- Resolves the highly complex financial problems and issues; provides guidance on the interpretation and application of the most complex financial regulations, policies and procedures to senior management, staff, and customers.
- Analyzes financial data from various systems; creates reports for and provides briefings to senior managers and makes recommendations.
- Thorough knowledge of the federal Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Federal Accounting Standards Advisory Board (FASAB) and Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB).
- Thorough knowledge of Federal appropriation law and ability to obtain thorough knowledge of Customer regulations, concepts, methods and standards impacting financial activities.
- Comprehensive analytical skills necessary to compile data, analyze it, and develop financial reports.
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to elicit cooperation and support from others and to interact tactfully and effectively with co-workers and senior Customer management.
- Excellent written communication skills to compose and deliver highly technical responses to senior management and customers’ inquiries and concerns.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting with degree requirements for CPA and/or MBA.
- Minimum eleven (11) years of demonstrated professional accounting experience with a strong understanding of the responsibilities associated with financial management, accounting, auditing, and/or fiscal control.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)/MBA
We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled.