The Senior-level Radio Frequency (RF) Engineer will provide SETA support in the area of Waveform Research and Development.
Candidates must already possess a current and active TS/SCI with Poly clearance to be considered for this position
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Perform research by reaching out to academia, industry, and other entities for innovation opportunities and determine the art of the possible as it relates to new RF waveforms
- Develop white-papers on use cases for innovative waveforms and determine what role they can play in the larger waveform portfolio
- Assist in testing and evaluation of new waveforms, as necessary
- Create and maintain a master list of active waveforms, as well as specific characteristics and use cases
- Provide recommendations for strategic development of new waveforms and decommissioning old waveforms
- Review vendor waveform specifications and provide technical feedback to improve waveform design
- Track schedules and help manage all active waveform development projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or Computer/Physical Science and 10+ years’ experience. Equivalent work experience in a technical field will be considered
- Expertise and skills to provide technical support in one or more of a wide range of RF technologies to include; terrestrial and space based RF communications , government and commercial satellite systems, commercial cellular and wireless, an understanding of 5G technologies and embedded software/firmware development
- Working knowledge of the security and cyber concerns related to data management
- Familiarity with computer security, authentication, and cryptography
- Experience designing, developing, or deploying customized technical solutions for the Sponsor’s unique intelligence mission
- Ability to identify mission needs and foster creative and viable approaches to technical problems
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills, foster teamwork and collaboration across cultural and organizational boundaries
- Demonstrated experience providing technical support to Center operations
- Demonstrated familiarity with the Center construct, Operations and Science/Technology mission overseas as they apply to field operations
- Experience and familiarity with the secure communications mission as either a user or provider.
- Familiarity with secure communications equipment and product lines, including a general understanding on how that equipment is developed, prepared for deployment, tested, deployed, and maintained.
- Extensive expertise in development of terrestrial and space-based RF special communications
- Knowledge of Intelligence Community capabilities for secure technical support to operations.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled.