ASEC3 is seeking an experienced and motivated individual to perform in the role of Plans and Budget Officer, who will provide strategic and programmatic plans and budget support to the Groups responsible for high-visibility Infrastructure Programs.
Candidates must already possess a current and active TS/SCI with Poly clearance to be considered for this position.
- Build the programs 5-year budget and annual operating budget as part of the budget formulation process and cycle.
- Provide strategic/ programmatic guidance related to budget, finance, resources, cost recovery and portfolio management.
- Assist or lead efforts related to budgetary submissions (IPOM, IPBS, CBJB), and respond to data calls and actions from Sponsor Agency and external stakeholder.
- Supports the Groups in formulating, justifying, and defending budget build.
- Develops and maintains spend plans.
- Reconciles spend plans with actual and planned expenditures and recommends options to address potential over- or under-utilization of resources.
- Stays current with all Customer and Resource Management guidance and assists in creating and maintaining baseline practices and procedures that align with guidance.
- Assists staff in researching and resolving resource and budget issues and questions wherever possible.
- Prepares supporting documentation for budget exercises, over-guidance, unfunded calls, and re programming.
- Assists with writing congressional language for submission into the program build.
- Performs short- and long-term financial trend analyses by developing and implementing tools for to accurately capture, forecast and recover sub-program costs where necessary.
- Prepares briefings, budget, spend plans and supports programmatic activities.
- Coordinates and responds to budget requirements and budget-related taskings.
- Collaborates with Resource Management as required; attends/supports resource meetings.
- Continually interfaces with executive-level management requiring the planning, presentation and briefing of information.
- Demonstrates professional competence as a plans and budget officer.
- Exhibits full awareness of financial resource requirements both for the execution year and budget out-years.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate financial data to resolve inconsistencies, identify key issues, and propose solutions.
- Develops and implements long-range plans to accomplish office goals and collaborates in strategic planning for future years.
- Prepares budget exercise submissions; assimilates information about program goals, requirements, costs, and schedules; ensures that submissions are rational, defensible, and executable.
- Ensures that program execution is proceeding within available resource constraints and remains consistent with goals; proposes and implements resource realignment (including from multiple sources) as required or in response to unplanned circumstances.
- Exhibits broad comprehension of relevant statutes, regulations, and policies in resource utilization and in the budget development and execution processes.
- Routinely constructs and maintains background documentation on programmatic and resource analyses, discussions, thinking, and decisions to aid the component’s resource management continuity.
- Exhibits strong organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrates excellent writing skills and ability to craft clear concise request for funding and responses to tasking.
- Demonstrates excellent oral communication skills to brief management on resource issues.
- Proven ability to interact with customers, senior leadership and program managers in a highly matrixed environment.
- Requires a minimum of 10 years with BS/BA or 8 years with MS/MA or 5 years’ with PhD
- At least 1 year within the Intelligence Community.
Chantilly, Herndon, Reston or McLean, VA area
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled.