The Systems Engineer acts as the Logistics (LOGS) officer for the customer organization. The position assists with the configuration control of inventory and tracks/controls the movement of property between buildings to enable and support mission priorities. This position requires local travel throughout the WMA and may require intermittent travel to and from locations on the East Coast.
The Systems Engineer should be able to work and communicate effectively with a diverse cross-section of customers and contractors to include Group/Division/Branch leadership, project managers, trainers and engineers. An understanding of the customers LOGS and Inventory management tools is required as a key function of this role.
Candidates must already possess a current and active TS/SCI with Poly clearance to be considered for this position.
- Experience with customer inventory management and logistics tools and applications
- Understanding of Systems Engineering Methodology and principles
- Ability to speak confidently, articulately, and clearly in order to participate in and brief at technical meetings and milestone events and work collaboratively with geographically dispersed personnel
- Capability to write clearly and articulately and author reports, use appropriate provided templates, formats, and checklists to provide correspondence regarding issues.
- Demonstrated initiative, with the ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Configuration Management principles/Baseline Control
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science (BS) degree
- At least three years of experience
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled.