This position works collaboratively with the President to execute all aspects of Contractual and Financial support to the company including both strategic and day to day functions in support of a portfolio of government contracts. This person will work as part of the leadership team of ASEC3 which includes the President and Business Area Leaders. Together they review progress, develop strategic plans for the company and make decisions to improve the working of the company with a three-pronged focus on the Employees, the Customer and the Business to ensure well balanced decision-making. As part of the ASEC Family of Companies (FoC), participate in leadership and strategic discussions.
The responsible person will have the following duties in Fiscal management, Budgeting, Annual audits and Contracts:
- Fiscal management
- Responsible for correct financial reporting to client and Division.
- Develop and manage financial monitoring and reporting systems, track division budgets and financial indicators, including bill-ability, accounts receivable and accounts payable; comply to all contract reporting requirements; review all projects’ expenditure; control cash flow; develop and monitor fields’ financial systems; develop the division / portfolio’s operating plan.
- Oversee the fiscal management tools and processes including gathering monthly expense reports from all regions and departments and entering them into the organizational fiscal management system.
- Produce a variety of monthly fiscal tracking reports distributed to teammates and leadership teams
- Work with external accountants to ensure that monthly fiscal close takes place on a timely basis and new grants are categorized correctly as restricted or unrestricted.
- Works with the accounting staff of the FoC and supports accounting processing (invoices, payments, etc) in concert with the FoC business processes.
- Budgeting and Auditing
- Work with management to develop the administrative and sales budgets; create sub contract budgets; oversee the creation of the field budgets; develop revenue plans (backlog plans)
- Oversee the annual budget process, working with regional and departmental managers to ensure a timely, inclusive and collaborative process, optimizing and simplifying where possible
- Work with external auditors to conduct a smooth and timely organizational audit
- Implement any process or operational changes recommended by auditors
- Responsible for the administration of contracts and subcontracts. Works to create new sub contracts and/or modifications to contracts and/or sub contracts. Maintain ongoing day to day interaction with subcontractors and Primes regarding task assignments, billing questions etc.
- Fully responsible for any vendor or consultant contracts.
- Define and develop contract management procedures for specific contracts; inform and train project employees and contractors on contractual procedures.
- Assure compliance with Company, client, local and other legal administrative requirements and regulations; ensure timely completion of project deliverables; as necessary perform project and field audits to control compliance and create audit reports.
- Work with management and business development to develop cost proposals for extension of contracts and for new bids.
- Conduct risk analysis; advises management of improvements or implements improvements in existing contracts; review non pricing risk factors, such as conflict of interest, and develop and implement solutions.
- Develop and monitor administrative, procurement and logistics systems, oversee adherence to policies and processes and ensure standardization; ensure effective measurement of timing and contractual agreements; track all orders and expenses.
- Work with HR to ensure that all processes are being followed in accordance with ASEC FoC processes.
- Follow up with client’s project management and provide and present clients with regular progress reports.
• Other duties: supervise proposal preparation; execute non-disclosure agreements (NDAs), terms and conditions, and modification requests; and settle disputes regarding contract interpretation, conditions or compliance with legal requirements, and stay on top of new laws and proposed legislation, and interpret the potential impact on current and future contracts. Develop budget projections for 2-3 years in advance, to support fundraising and growth efforts
Candidates must already possess a current and active TS/SCI with Poly clearance to be considered for this position.
- A Self starter, proactive in responding to customer needs, ability to work independently
- Ability to operate in an extremely dynamic environment
- Experience within IC community and customer space
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- TS/SCI with Poly
- 8 to 10 years with BS/BA, 6 to 8 years with MS/MA, or 3 to 5 years with PhD
- Masters Degree a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled.