The Systems Engineer will provide SE leadership and support to a diverse group of program and customer personnel who are developing and maturing multiple ongoing hardware and software projects within the customer organization.
The position requires a comprehensive understanding of Systems Engineering methodology and processes and an ability to work with different technologies, capabilities and effectively implement SE processes across a multi-disciplinary project baseline while coordinating effectively with project managers and technical personnel. The SE should have experience coordinating with Master Schedulers, Developers, Engineers, Testers/IV&V personnel, Project Leads and should be able to author documentation, contribute to the generation of measures and metrics. A robust understanding of project governance and project management systems is desired. The SE should be a Sharepoint SCA and have an understanding of databases and data architecture. A unique component to the role is that this individual must have strong interpersonal skills and be able to help market and provide creative support to capabilities before, during and after deployment to optimize usability and better implement the technology across the portfolio.
The Systems Engineer should be able to develop and implement the Integrated Master Schedule in MS Project and in conjunction with the Front Office SI, provide weekly updates to Division and Group leadership regarding the overall status of projects within the enterprise baseline. The SE will provide support to process workflow generation and optimization for an organization focused on the implementation of new, enabling technologies.
Candidates must already possess a current and active TS/SCI with Poly clearance to be considered for this position.
- Experience with one or more of the following: Tableau, Splunk, Sharepoint Administration, cloud computing, cyber and cloud technology , Systems Engineering “V”, Process Governance, CM and SE Processes and programmatics
- Understanding of Systems Engineering Methodology and principles
- Project Management fundamentals and expertise overseeing projects and engineering activities via an IMS in MS Project
- Strong systems analysis skills, with the ability to identify and accurately describe issues and coordinate issues with the program ISSO
- Ability to speak confidently, articulately, and clearly in order to participate in and brief senior leaders at review boards, technical meetings and milestone events
- Capability to write clearly and articulately and author test plans and reports, use appropriate provided templates, formats, and checklists to write project documentation to include discrepancy reports, correspondence regarding system issues, and weekly testing report inputs.
- Demonstrated initiative, with the ability to work independently and within a team environment, providing leadership and technical guidance
- As a significant amount of software is being developed through Agile, experience as a Scrum Master or experience with Agile is desired.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science (BS) degree
- At least eleven years of experience
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled.