The Instructional Designer designs and delivers programs to train all levels of personnel. Formulates teaching outline and determines instructional methods such as individual training, group instruction, lectures, demonstrations, conferences, meetings and workshops. Develops tests and visual aids, conducts training classes, and develops criteria for evaluating effectiveness of training activities. Collaborates with sales, marketing, and engineering to identify program needs, obtain technical data and schedules programs. Keeps abreast of training and development research: learning theory, motivation theory, and new materials, methods, and techniques. Confers with management, employees and clients to gain knowledge of work situations requiring training and to better understand changes in policies, procedures, regulations, business initiatives and technologies. May evaluate and/or oversee contractors or vendors to develop and/or administer training programs.
Candidates must already possess a current and active TS/SCI with Poly clearance to be considered for this position.
- Demonstrate through relevant experience the ability to design, develop, and deliver both in classroom and web based training courses to meet the client’s requirements
- Possess strong communication skills working across multiple teams and a self-starter mentality
- Current or previous customer experience
- Experience with lesson and curriculum planning, learning theories and instructional technologies, and course development software and learning management systems
- Visual design skills
- Experience with the following tools/applications: graphic design software, HTML
- Requires 8+ years with BS/BA, 7+ years with MS/MA, or 5+ years with PhD
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled.