ASEC is seeking a Data Scientist who will assist with the design and implementation of visualizations and reports for business intelligence metrics.
Candidates must already possess a current and active TS/SCI with Poly clearance to be considered for this position
- Providing senior level executive support in furtherance of the development of
enterprise-wide data strategy initiatives.
- Supporting senior level executives providing direction, goals, objectives, and priorities
for realizing the vision of Data as an IC Asset.
- Coordinating the development of new data management and applications
capabilities; providing technical expertise in data architecture; document and design specifications
for data/software engineers; producing prototypes to demonstrate enterprise scalability and
implementation of design; providing broad technical guidance.
- Possess extensive technical leadership abilities and an understanding of associated resource
planning schedules, related regulations, policies, directives and standards, and program
management practices and enterprise information technology (EIT) planning activities.
- Experience supporting efforts to develop a common set of design principles that supports the IT
data strategy with an eye towards simplifying operations and maintenance while pushing for state-
- Experience with complex computer engineering projects or programs, resolve requirements
shortfalls, parallel tasks, multiple dependencies, high risks, and multiple interfaces; manage the
design, construction, testing, and implementation of technical and functional specifications; provide
technical oversight and initiate, plan, implement, and coordinate activities throughout the life of the
- Experience designing engineering solutions and alternative design options to meet customer
requirements and provide guidance to junior engineers in the design and development of
- Experience in deconflicting complex functional requirements into underlying technical requirements
and recommend “best fit” allocation of those requirements.
- Experience in conducting technical research on such topics as operational guidelines, best
practices, and international standards, and develop procedures for installation of hardware,
software, or network components.
- Experience overseeing the design, evaluation, selection, implementation, and support of
development and production support tools and platforms.
- Experience overseeing the effective integration and interoperability of disparate capabilities
developed by separate service providers.
- Experience formulating enterprise data best practices to facilitate common standards and leverage
existing and new collaboration capabilities.
- Experience using data services and big-data architectures, data organization, retention, and
disposition standards, and processes.
- 15 years as a Data Scientist or Data Analyst in the IC.
- Professional/strong understanding of enterprise-level data analysis, machine-learning, operations
research, modeling, and business/mission intelligence tools.
- Developing, implementing, integrating, and evaluating IC data architecture-related projects.
- Professional/strong understanding of preprocessing of structured and unstructured data.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or Data
- Data Governance
- Data Architecture Management
- Data Development
- Database Operations Management
- Data Security Management
- Reference & Master Data Management
- Data Warehousing & Business Intelligence Management
- Document & Content Management
- Meta Data Management
- Data Quality Management
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled.