ASEC3 is seeking a Systems Engineer Technical Specialists/Cyber who will be responsible for supporting our clients meet their mission goals and strategic objectives by providing high-quality Systems Engineering and technical expertise for design, development, evaluation of end-to-end systems and systems-oriented products through their full development and operational life cycle.
Candidates must already possess a current and active TS/SCI with Poly clearance to be considered for this position.
In addition, the SE Specialists provides essential support to Project Management for risk identification and mitigation and keeping the project on schedule and within budget, as well as:
- Provide support for business development activities to help shape requirements.
- Participates in system conceptual design and documentation of the design concepts.
- Provides assessment and authorization (A&A) support by the development of all documentation necessary to complete the A&A process to include system security plans, contingency plans, and other associated documentation.
- Conducts vulnerability scans and develops risk mitigation strategies with the customer based on assessing the vulnerabilities, threats, and risk associated with the scan results. Reviews system configurations and scan tool results in order to determine system compliance and report results.
- Create reports and briefings that easily and succinctly describe the highly complex program and its future plans
- Validate, document and manage stakeholder expectations in concert with customer
- Assist sponsor managers with modifying or establishing processes to implement strategic plans
- Assist the Sponsor in assessing, documenting, and tracking program requirements and follow-on technical exchange meetings (TEMs).
- Compose and maintain correspondence documentation such as operating procedures and internal memorandums
- Work independently and amongst a team with minimal supervision to address roadblocks and deliver results in a timely manner or provide the most relevant course of action
- Provide technical writing and acquisition support as needed
- Provide Information Security support to prevent, detect, and mitigate security threats against the sponsor’s infrastructure networks with the purpose of enhancing sponsor security defense posture.
- Provide strategic and tactical support with the use of Xacta, Nessus, Web-lnspect, and Appdetective in support of sponsor’s network ATO submissions.
- Design development, and integration of mission systems to integrated resources, information, and technology to better enable the mission.
- Analyze, design, and improve end-to-end lT processes and technical review of documentation to drive efficiency and information flows.
- Requires 10 to 12 years with BS/BA or 8 to 10 years with MS/MA or 5 to 7 years with PhD
- Experience in complex, multi-segmented system development, integration, and test of projects including specialized, relevant technical experience in the general areas of systems engineering, system development and verification, hardware and software development.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office products, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and MS Project.
- Srong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work as part of an interdisciplinary team in pursuit organizational goals.
- Expertise in writing, and ability to brief complex technical information to non-experts.
- Experience with end-to-end integration and test methods including identification and mitigation of programmatic and technical risk.
- Experience with testing and evaluation.
- Strong understanding of Best Security practices
- Ability to execute vulnerability/compliance assessment tools and evaluate results for systems undergoing security assessment and continuous evaluation.
- Expertise with COTS cybersecurity and Authorization tools to include: Xacta, Tenable/Nessus, WebInspect, AppDetective, RedSeal, and etc.
- Strong experience with Assessment and Authorization (A&A) process (e.g. RMF, NIST800-53, ICD503)
- Strong understanding of the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Special Publication (SP) 800-53 and or 800-53A Revision 4 as well as 800-30, 37 and 39,(CNSS) Instruction No. 1253.
- Strong understanding of Cyber Security Policies and be able to handle multiple project, Networks and IT systems
- Candidate should have professional certifications (e.g., CCIE, CISSP, CISM, CASP, CISA, Security+)
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled.