The Cyber Security Analyst Expert will support a mission cyber security watch and analysis center in implementing best practices for cyber incident response team (CIRT) reporting and working to ensure the integrity and validity of data being analyzed. The candidate will essentially serve as a cyber and data engineer for the program.
Candidates must already possess a current and active TS/SCI with Poly clearance to be considered for this position.
- Collecting and reporting on monthly metrics
- Providing quality assurance on investigation and incident reporting, ensuring analyst reports are accurate and complete.
- Analyzing the cyber data being indexed and analyzed to ensure data is typed as close to the source as possible.
- Monitoring incident responses to ensure standard operating procedures (SOPs) are
followed, determine where new SOPs need to be developed, and suggesting process improvements where appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Cybersecurity, Information Security, IT, EE, Network Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- Demonstrated 11 years of experience in three or more specific areas to include: analysis, network engineering, networking security, penetration testing, red teaming, hardware engineering, software reverse engineering, and computer exploitation.
- Proven proficiency with at least three (3) or more of the following: mobile security,
telecom protocols, operating systems (Windows, iOS, Android, or Linux), reverse
engineering, forensics, network analysis, vulnerability assessment or malware forensics.
- Prior experience or knowledge of CIRT environments.
- Prior experience with one or more of the following tools: Splunk, ArcSight, intrusion
detection/prevention system, network anti-virus technologies.
- Basic knowledge of networks
- Prior experience in a CIRT environment
- Prior experience in a Security Operations Center (SOC) as an analyst
- Relevant Certifications: CCFP, GCIA, OSCP, CEH, CISSP, or Security+
- MS degree in technical field
- Proven experience in network analysis methodologies
- Experience within IC community
- Experience ensuring quality assurance and the spreading of best practices
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled.