The Cyber Forensic Analyst will assist with cyber investigative efforts, conduct network traffic analysis, support cyber focused network architecture reviews, assess data pertaining to network intrusions and/or cyber related attacks and assess operational technologies.
Candidates must already possess a current and active TS/SCI with Poly clearance to be considered for this position.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Analyze IP network traffic for cyber issues as it related to security, technical and
operational vulnerabilities and risk
- Conduct network or networking technology assessments and write assessment reports
based on findings
- Cyber analytic experience, specifically familiarity with cyber actor TTPs
- Provide insight into latest threats and countermeasures
- Evaluate network operations using network management plat forms, auditing functions,
and log reviews
- Provide recommendations for end-to-end technical analysis
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision and shall be flexible to support
locations throughout the Washington Metro Area.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience
- 5+years of forensic examination and of Mac, Linux/Unix, and Windows operating systems
- Experience with the Mac, Linux/Unix and Windows Operating Systems
- Must have a current Encase Certification.
- Experience with Apple iOS, Windows, and Android
- Applicant must have a proven ability to perform complete digital forensic analysis from acquisition to report with minimal assistance.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience examining the following media types: cell phones, hard drives, thumb drives, flash media, compact disks,
- Applicant must have proven ability to create detailed technical reports and communicate highly technical information to a wide range of non-technical individuals.
- Experience with any of the standard commercial forensic tools including FTK, Encase, Autopsy, WireShark.
- Familiarity with penetration test tools and methodologies.
- Travel: WMA, Occasional Short term CONUS TDYs
- Knowledge of Telephony Systems and VoIP
- Experience with Windows Server (2008R2/2012R2), Windows Workstation (7/ 8.1), Linux (Redhat/Debian), and OSX operating systems
- Interface with vendors and third-party producers
- Any of the following Certifications:
o Ethical Hacker
o Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
o Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Cisco Certified Network Professional, Juniper NCSP, or Juniper NCP
o Amazon Cloud Service Certification or similar cloud certification
o Red Hat Certified Security Specialist (RHCSS)
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled.