ASEC3 is seeking an experienced and motivated individual to perform in the role of Cyber Analyst. The individual will provide expertise in cyber investigative efforts, conduct network traffic analysis, support cyber focused network architecture reviews, assess data pertaining to network intrusions and/or cyber related attacks on
Candidates must already possess a current and active TS/SCI with Poly clearance to be considered for this position.
This work includes but not limited to:
- Cyber analytic experience, specifically familiarity with cyber actor TTPs
- Analyze IP network traffic for cyber issues as it relates to security, technical and operational
vulnerabilities, and risk.
- Evaluate network operations using network management platforms, auditing functions, and log
- Conduct network or networking technology assessments and write assessment reports based on
- Provide insight into latest threats and countermeasures.
- Provide recommendations for end-to-end technical analysis.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Extensive experience with advanced Splunk usage including thorough working knowledge of queries (using SPL), creating dashboards, creating scheduled searches, creating alerts, and aggregation of statistics supporting root-cause assessments of network and system anomalies.
- Extensive experience with packet capture and protocol dissection tools like Bro/Zeek or Suricata.
- Thorough knowledge of the Sponsor’s information technology capabilities and infrastructure including operating systems, major application systems, and general network architecture.
- Experience with penetration testing, documenting findings, and providing post -engagement out-briefs.
- Extensive experience working on TCP/IP networking projects and demonstrated experience with cyber security, and/or network security principles.
- Extensive experience with troubleshooting, investigating issues associated with IP.
- network products including routers, switches, wireless networking, VPN' s, IDS/IPS, Firewalls, IOT
- Demonstrated experience with communications protocols such as IP, TCP, UDP, MPLS, OPSF, IGRP, BGP
- Knowledge and experience with encryption products, methodologies, configuration.
- Knowledge and experience with Network Packet Capture Appliances/Applications, such as Netwitness, Solera, Probe, Wireshark, Snort.
- Knowledge and experience with Network Vulnerability Scanner, Web Scanner, and Database Scanner,
such as Nessus, Weblnspect, AppDetective.
- In depth knowledge and experience with Network Management products such as HP OpenView, Solarwinds.
- Experience with Anonymous/Privacy Internet capabilities and supporting network architecture.
- Requires a minimum of 16 years with BS/BA.
- Bachelor’s Degree or a substantive experience in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- 7+ years of network/cyber security experience in a secure environment.
- Knowledge of Telephony Systems and VoIP
- Experience with Windows Server (2008R2/2012R2), Windows Workstation (7/8.1), Linux (Redhat/Debian), and OSX operating systems.
- Interface with vendors and third-party producers.
- Any of the following Certifications:
- Ethical Hacker
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Cisco Certified Network Professional, Juniper NCSP, or Juniper NCP
- Amazon Cloud Service Certification or similar cloud certification
- Red Hat Certified Security Specialist (RHCSS)
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled.