The Sr. Cyber Analyst conducts research and evaluates technical and all-source intelligence with specific emphasis on user behavior and patterns in a dynamic and changing mission environment. Detects anomalous activity in raw and processed log files for deeper exploration using IC tools and databases. Differentiates between general and targeted or suspicious scanning. Identifies trends cyber systems and performs behavior analysis. Uses Splunk dashboards to create alerts and investigate log files. Correlates threat data from various sources. Writes concise assessments that highlight findings supported by evidence, articulating the impact of conclusions.
Candidates must already possess a current and active TS/SCI with Poly clearance to be considered for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in CS, IS, Comp Engineering, or Math
- Minimum of 6 years of direct experience in Intelligence Community cyber analysis or cyber targeting (e.g. selectors targeting, monitoring, behavior analysis or verification, reporting, technical analysis, or counterintelligence)
- Demonstrated proficiency with at least two (2) analysis tools such as Splunk, Google Earth, Python, Analyst Notebook, etc.
- Proven ability to research and analyze data from a variety of sources and to present findings in clear and concise written reports
- Demonstrated working knowledge of telecommunications protocols
- Demonstrated working knowledge of IC data sets and tools for telecommunications analysis
- Demonstrated ability to work well with teams or individually with minimal supervision
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Cyber Security, Computer Engineering, Information Assurance, or related technical field
- Familiarity with other IC agencies
- Computer network defense experience
- Relevant certification (CISSP, CCNA, CEH, etc.)
- Experience with operational communications
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled.