The Business Architect plays a key role in structuring the enterprise in terms of its governance structure, business processes, and business information. The candidate will align the Sponsor’s strategic goals and objectives with decisions regarding products and services; partners and suppliers; organization; capabilities; and key workflows, business and IT initiatives. The Business Architect will work to develop an integrated view of the enterprise using a repeatable approach, cohesive framework, workflows and standard techniques. The Architect will work closely with their counterpart in IT to align the technical solutions with business needs. The candidate may provide direct input into the governance cycle that supports the achievement of key goals, planning and execution of various business scenarios, and delivery of bottom line business value.
Candidates must already possess a current and active TS/SCI with Poly clearance to be considered for this position.
- Develop a business architecture strategy based on a situational awareness of various business scenarios and motivations.
- Apply a structured business architecture approach and methodology for capturing the key views of the enterprise.
- Capture the tactical and strategic enterprise goals that provide traceability through the organization and are mapped to metrics that provide ongoing governance.
- Describe the primary business functions of the enterprise and distinguish between customer-facing, supplier-related, business execution and business management functions.
- Define the set of strategic, core and support processes that transcend functional and organizational boundaries; identify and describe external entities such as customers, suppliers, and external systems that interact with the business; and describe which people, resources and controls are involved in the processes.
- Define the data shared across the enterprise and the relationships between those data.
- Capture the relationships among roles, capabilities and business units, the decomposition of those business units into subunits, and the internal or external management of those units.
- A broad, enterprise-wide view of the business and varying degrees of appreciation for strategy, processes and capabilities, enabling technologies, and governance
- The ability to recognize structural issues within the organization, functional interdependencies and cross-silo redundancies
- The ability to apply architectural principles to business solutions
- The ability to assimilate and correlate disconnected documentation and drawings, and articulate their collective relevance to the organization and to high-priority business issues
- Experience using model-based representations that can be adjusted as required to collect, aggregate or disaggregate complex and conflicting information about the business
- The ability to visualize and create high-level models that can be used in future analysis to extend and mature the business architecture
- Extensive experience planning and deploying both business and IT initiatives
- Experience modeling business processes using a variety of tools and techniques
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization; this includes written and verbal communications as well as visualizations
- The ability to act as liaison conveying information needs of the business to IT and data constraints to the business; applies equal conveyance regarding business strategy and IT strategy, business processes and work flow automation, business initiatives and IT initiatives, and benefit realization and service delivery
- Team player able to work effectively at all levels of an organization with the ability to influence others to move toward consensus
- Strong situational analysis and decision making abilities
- A Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience (3 years for Bachelors) in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a scientific discipline.
- Minimum of 10 Years’ relevant experience, 3 years in Intelligence Community
Chantilly, Herndon, Reston or McLean, VA area
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled.