The Business Finance Analyst will be responsible for performing a full range of routine to moderately complex financial activities to include: analyzing and interpreting financial information and policies to identify and resolve problems, discrepancies, and errors in financial data and/or finance systems; ensuring the maintenance of data integrity; providing technical assistance to customers to solve a full range of financial problems.
Candidates must already possess a current and active TS/SCI with Poly clearance to be considered for this position
- Monitors finance systems to ensure accurate entries are made by users; identifies errors and discrepancies; recommends corrective actions to users and as needed, unilaterally takes corrective action.
- Assists in the compilation, analysis, and maintenance of tailored budget execution analysis reports for senior management.
- Experience analyzing and resolving complex accounting issues.
- Basic understanding of business process improvement methodologies.
- Monitors and projects the yearly personal service budget requirements, in coordination with Government Human Resources Officers.
- Experience working with federal financial statements preparation and federal financial statement audits.
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, business administration or a closely related field.
- CPA or working towards CPA.
- Five (5) years of progressively responsible professional financial experience.
- Has a strong understanding of the responsibilities associated with the execution of financial operations that includes financial management, accounting, auditing, and/or fiscal control.
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Federal Accounting Standards Advisory Board (FASAB) and Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB).
- Working knowledge of appropriate Federal law and Agency regulations, concepts, methods and standards impacting financial activities.
- Working knowledge if Business Process Analysis, Business Planning, and Performance Metrics.
- Working knowledge in Working Capital Funds.
- Previous experience supporting efforts to achieve audit-ability in the Intelligence Community.
- Certified Government Financial Manager (CGFM) or Certified Defense Financial Manager (CDFM).
We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled.