The Accountant IV is a lead expert and contractor supervisor in the preparation, analysis and reconciliation of financial statements and information, tax returns, general ledgers, etc. Individuals may assist the financial manager of a working capital fund.
Duties include performing a full range of moderately complex to complex financial activities and is conducted within broadly established financial strategic program guidelines and initiatives, ensuring the provision of effective and timely customer support. Management responsibilities may include ensuring financial program data integrity and reporting accuracy; and establishing and maintaining appropriate internal controls.
Candidates must already possess a current and active TS/SCI with Poly clearance to be considered for this position
- Provides financial strategic program guidelines and initiatives through the provision of effective/timely customer support.
- Manages the day-to-day accounting activities within area of assignment, ensuring financial compliance. Analyzes and reconciles General Ledger accounts to identify and resolve all complex discrepancies, interacting with customers in the resolution of complex problems or controversial issues.
- Analyzes financial data from various systems; creates reports for and provides briefings to senior managers and makes recommendations in support of the mission.
- Participates on various resource working groups and meetings, providing advice on financial policies and procedures.
- Briefs and/or provides supporting documentation to senior management in response to questions from Agency management and/or external reviewers (i.e., OMB and Congress).
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field.
- Minimum eight (8) years demonstrated accounting experience with a strong understanding of the responsibilities associated with financial management, accounting, auditing, and/or fiscal control.
- CPA or MBA
- Considerable knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Federal Accounting Standards Advisory Board (FASAB) and Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB).
- Ability to manage competing contractor priorities and work requirements by continuously evaluating the needs of the organization’s mission against on-going work; and planning/scheduling own and unit’s work
- Strong written communication skills to compose and deliver highly technical responses to senior management and customers’ inquiries and concerns.
- Strong analytical skills necessary to compile data, analyze it, and develop financial reports.
ASEC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled.