The Accountant III activities include performing a full range of moderate to moderately complex financial activities to include preparation, analysis and reconciliation of financial statements and information, tax returns, general ledgers, etc.
Candidates must already possess a current and active TS/SCI with Poly clearance to be considered for this position
- Coordinates the day-to-day financial activities within area of assignment and performs the full range of moderately complex to complex financial activities
- Analyzes financial information to include but not limited to bank accounts, billing statements, financial statements, trend reports, Service Level Agreements (SLA), and tax returns.
- Provides technical financial advice, guidance, and instruction to managers, staff and others on the full range of financial processes, workflow, and priorities. Identifies and assists in the resolution of moderately complex to complex financial problems and issues.
- Assists managers, within area of assignment, in the development of specific financial policies.
- Coordinates the implementation and maintenance of a system of checks and balances to ensure the integrity of financial records.
- Maintains professional development through continuing education, attending courses, seminars, workshops, or by reading professional journals.
- Prepare financial statements and complex tax returns and reconciliations.
- Test systems that interface with the accounting system to ensure the integrity of accounting data.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience performing financial records processing and financial records management.
- Strong oral and written communication skills to compose and deliver responses to questions in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong customer service skills, interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively understanding the roles in building a team and becoming a team player.
- Ability to use financial systems as information management and decision support tools; ability to understand and utilize the data retrieved from the tools.
- Considerable knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Federal Accounting Standards Advisory Board (FASAB) and Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB).
- Considerable knowledge of Federal appropriation law and ability to obtain considerable knowledge of Customer regulations, concepts, methods and standards impacting financial activities.
- Strong analytical skills necessary to compile data, analyze it, and develop financial reports.
We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled.