We are seeking a Systems Engineer who will employ a multi-discipline approach to establish and validate functional/technical specifications and designs for the customer’s enterprise-level data transport systems (new or existing systems).
Candidates must already possess a current and active TS/SCI with Poly clearance to be considered for this position.
They will also support test and evaluation activities and ensure successful integration of systems within the client’s operational environment. This position also requires strong professional and team environment skills, as well as project management skills.
Additional duties candidate will perform include:
- Analyze mission needs, concept of operations documents, and high-level system architectures to develop
system requirements and design specifications for satellite radio base systems to meet future mission
- Derive ground system processing requirements and allocate them to components.
- Communicate requirements to external solution providers and validate their design, planning, and testing artifacts.
- Define and validate interfaces between systems.
- Review engineering and programmatic artifacts and provide assessment on their accuracy, completeness, and realism.
- Provide technical and programmatic review of projects and proposed solutions to identify technical deficiencies.
- Provide project management support; develop project plans, needs assessment, transition planning, and future looking roadmaps.
- Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of enterprise systems.
- Coordinate configuration changes, installs, & upgrades with application owners—including planning, scheduling, status reporting, and following company change control procedures.
- Identify integration issues and coordinate Technical Exchange Meetings (TEMs) to resolve them.
- Identify performance and capability gaps of existing systems and new systems in development.
- Experience/Education: 8 to 10 years of experience with BS/BA or 6 to 8 years with MS/MA or 3 to 5 years with PhD (May consider experience in lieu of degree).
- Technical Degree (Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, etc.)
- IC or DoD experience
- Have demonstrated strong customer and partner relationship building skills.
- Active Top Secret/SCI security clearance with Poly
- Working knowledge of RF/Satellite communication systems
- Have experience with SATCOM ground processing systems and radio bases.
- Have a working knowledge of wireless/ RF communications.
- Have software or systems engineering experience in the areas of architectural design, requirements decomposition, and IV&V.
- Insight and experience in a wide range of RF systems engineering tasks. These include but are not limited
to terrestrial and SATCOM systems, RF wireless systems.
- Have strong decision-making skills, as well as the ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Be a self-starter with leadership capabilities and execution of roles and responsibilities with little to no supervision.
- Have ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled.