ASEC3 is seeking Senior RF Engineer to perform task such as:
- Pre-deployment spectrum surveys, analysis, and link budget calculations to help determine usable configurations.
- Post-deployment spectrum surveys and analysis to perform troubleshooting on known/suspected issues.
- Perform performance / state of health analysis.
- Perform analysis of test data and recommend modifications to hardware, software, or configuration items.
Candidates must already possess a current and active TS/SCI with Poly clearance to be considered for this position
In this role you will also:
- Be responsible for analyzing and developing wireless telecommunications capabilities for various
- Design and build custom applications. Design, plan, establish, and optimize wireless
- Develop wireless network infrastructures and make recommendations on systems enhancements for optimization.
- Provide technical assessment of requirements and definition from conception to launch.
- Design and validate RF link performance, quality and reliability.
- Use measuring and diagnostic tools to test and adjust equipment.
- Create manuals and support documentation.
- Develop software for wireless technology.
- Optimize existing network by adjusting radio network parameters, adding/deleting of neighbors and recommending possible solutions to hardware problems.
- Monitor and analyze statistical and drive test data to improve system performance indicators such as dropped calls, blocked calls, origination failures, hand-off features.
- Apply propagation theory, cellular theory, and antenna theory to choose tower antenna placement.
The right candidate should be able to:
- Responsible for capacity planning, GSM frequency planning and frequency hopping by applying
carrier/interference (C/I) ratio analysis.
- Recommend site upgrade such as down tilling of antenna and re-orientation of radio additions.
- Support customers in the development, acquisition, and sustainment activities of complex RF
systems used in Communications, Radar, and Electronic Warfare. Responsibilities will include the
design and evaluation of up/down converters, and amplifiers, MMICs, MCMs, and TRMs.
- Reverse engineer legacy RF hardware systems to develop obsolesce plans, test procedures, and perform
- Conduct and develop Test & Evaluation plans for RF test stations and field test events for system/subsystem manufacturing and fleet support.
- Develop and present technical reports.
- Perform modeling and simulation of RF circuits and RF propagation Experience designing radar phased array T/R module experience. Highly desired experience with Agilent ADS, ANSYS HFSS, NI LabView, and MatLab Modeling Near-Field antenna patterns. Phase noise analysis.
- TS/SCI w/ poly
- Requires 12-15 years, MS Degree with 10-13 years, or Phd with 10+ years relevant experience.
May consider experience in lieu of degree.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics or other relevant technical degree.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with RF spectrum analysis and link budget calculations.
- Experience with testing and/or operating RF equipment.
- Experience working across organizational boundaries to collect and share information necessary
to support mission objectives.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to influence others toward a common goal/decision.
- Proficient with MS tools.
We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled.