The Business Systems Analyst provides financial analysis and support in a fast-paced and dynamic customer environment.
This position will manage a multi-million dollar Spend Plan. The candidate will support the customer with tracking expenditures, initiating budget builds, tracking funding requests, running reports, assisting with preparation of briefings to Front Office, as well as, attending and participating in these briefings with customer management. Must be willing to be proactive and communicate daily with project managers, external vendors, and group management. This is a high-visibility position in a very high-energy, fast-paced, mission focused area. The finance resource is a critical part of the group and mission and is the go-to person for all budget-related questions. The candidate will also work with internal and external financial organizations to gain insight into a complicated external funding process.
Candidates must already possess a current and active TS/SCI with Poly clearance to be considered for this position.
- Uses knowledge of component resources and alternative resource sources to propose and implement cost-
efficient strategies for meeting customer goals.
- Develops and implements long-range plans to accomplish component or directorate goals.
- Prepares budget exercise submissions; assimilates information about program goals, requirements, costs, and
schedules; ensures that submissions are rational, defensible, and executable.
- Ensures that program execution is proceeding within available resource constraints and remains consistent
with goals; implements resource realignment (including from multiple sources) as required or in response to
- Routinely constructs and maintains background documentation on programmatic and resource analyses,
discussions, thinking, and decisions to aid the component’s resource management continuity.
- Prior Budget Officer Experience
- Skilled in the Cognos and Basis financial systems
- Good MS excel skills
- High attention to detail and organized
- Team Player
- Ability to work in a fluid and dynamic environment
- Self-starter requiring minimal oversight and direction to execute independent projects.
- Must have the ability to operate independently and be proactive with very little oversight from management.
- Experience with SLAs and the DVV group
- On site customer domain experience
- Ability to interface/collaborate with multiple internal and external stakeholders of
various seniority levels
We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled.