We are seeking a mid-level digital forensic examiner to collect, analyze, and present digital-related evidence in support of computer malware investigations.
Candidates must already possess a current and active TS/SCI with Poly clearance to be considered for this position.
- Develop or contribute to solutions for a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Possess an understanding of the ever-evolving environment of cybersecurity and how new malware will affect different systems.
- Have a keen desire to learn and adapt to dynamic changes.
- Analytical thinking, attention to detail, and puzzle solving are among the many facets desired for this position.
- 5+ years of experience with systems engineering and computing platforms, including Windows, OSX, and Linux
- 3+ years of experience with forensic analysis techniques, including traditional disk image analysis, memory analysis, and malware analysis
- 3+ years of experience with commercial off the shelf forensics products, including EnCase, SIFT, X-Ways, or Forensic Toolkit (FTK)
- Experience with Virtual Machines and using VMware to build diverse test harnesses of mixed virtual machine types, including Windows and Linux variants
- Experience analyzing hosts compromised by malicious code and determining the chronology of events leading up to infection
- TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with computer networking and network traffic analysis preferred
- Experience writing scripts in Python
- Ability to work in an environment of rapidly changing requirements in support of the client mission
- Ability to work individually and collaboratively within a diverse team and proactively engage new tasking
- Ability to analyze software deficiencies and give risk assessment of anomalies not resolved
- Ability to document or present forensic findings during a formal review before peers or clients
- Ability to work with vague requirements, perform technical demonstrations, and investigate innovative technologies
- ACE, EnCE, GCFE, CCI, GREM, CHFI, GCFA, or CCFP Certification
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled.