ASEC3 is seeking an Expert Cyber Engineer to support the customer’s overall threat analysis efforts by performing technical assessments on mobile and desktop operating system solutions, and associated hardware and software as they relate to communication systems.
Candidates must already possess a current and active TS/SCI with Poly clearance to be considered for this position.
- Conduct forensic assessments across a full spectrum of computer and network devices, Windows/Linux hosts, mobile devices, virtual machines, and software and hardware.
- Determine potential weaknesses and vulnerabilities that may affect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of corporate protected and sensitive information systems and data.
- Protocol packet-level analysis
- Developing comprehensive technical reports that provide recommendations of countermeasures as based on the identified techniques, tactics, procedures, and behavior patterns used by adversaries.
- Perform vulnerability assessment and penetration testing of internal, perimeter, external and wireless network devices and web applications.
- Ability to travel in between customer sites for meetings.
- Short-term TDYs may be required.
- Requires TS/SCI w/ poly
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- 10+ years of forensic examination and of Mac, Linux/Unix, and Windows operating systems
- Experience with the Mac, Linux/Unix and Windows Operating Systems
- Must have a current Encase Certification
- Experience with Apple iOS, Windows, and Android
- Applicant must have a proven ability to perform complete digital forensic analysis from acquisition to report with minimal assistance.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience examining cell phone/hard drive/thumb drive media, flash media, compact disks,
- Applicant must have proven ability to create detailed technical reports and communicate highly technical information to a wide range of non-technical individuals
- Experience with any of the standard commercial forensic tools including FTK, Encase, Autopsy,
- Familiarity with penetration test tools and methodologies.
- Programming experience with Java, C, C++, Perl, Python
- Working familiarity with computer networks, information security systems, and associated technologies.
- Ability to use tools to reverse engineer Mac, Linux/Unix, and Windows operating systems.
- One of more of the following Certifications: Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE), Project Management Professional (PMP), Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP)
- Network communication using TCP/IP protocols, DNS, and DHCP
- Computer network defense operations (proxy, firewall, IDS/IPS)
- IT Network devices as routers, switches, modems, and media converters
- WiFi access points
- Symmetric and Asymmetric encryption methods and protocols
- lla/b/g/n Wireless technologies
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled.We are no longer accepting applications for this job.